Drive north west from Newcastle upon Tyne, past the airport, into Northumberland, and you come into Ponteland. Across the bridge, looking beautiful across Coates’ Green, is the church of St Mary the Virgin.
If you continue north and then turn left along lanes that get smaller and smaller, Holy Saviour, Milbourne, is surrounded by beautiful countryside.
But our churches are more than just beautiful buildings – they are living communities. Regular worship, on Sunday and during the week, brings together a diverse community – we aim for worship done well, with good music and thoughtful preaching. There are opportunities to study, opportunities for friendship - coffee mornings and social events.
We welcome baptisms, weddings and funerals – click on the Worship tab for more details, seeking to serve our community, and beyond. We try and do all this in the name of Jesus, to welcome all in God’s name.
Please explore this website, and find out more of the opportunities for you.
For our Latest Sunday Noticesheets click the links below.
- We currently have the Red Kite exhibition in the Chancel in St. Mary's until Thursday 23rd lunchtime. Please have a look round at all the wonderful photos and the amazing glass sculpture!
- Our lovely church at Milbourne is open every weekend. Do go and pay a visit!
- The Town Council have cancelled the Civic Service planned for the afternoon of Sunday 19 May. Please note that there is no 6.30 pm service planned for this day.
- A new webpage has been added with copies of recent sermons preached at St Mary's. You can link to it here or under the Sermons page under the Worship tab.
- The latest Prayer Letter from Vicky Hopley is here and from Eric and Sandra is here.